The Beautiful Woman Has Come

The Beautiful Woman Has Come
A Historical Novel by Debra Giuffrida

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Colored Pencils and Childrens Books and My First Book

I have taken on two projects. Both of these projects revolve around drawing and the use of colored pencils. The first project is creating characters and illustrations for a children's book written by a very nice woman that I met via Craigslist.
The second project I also found through Craigslist. I am trying to secure this last project. I haven't gotten the word either yeah or nay. I hope it is yeah as I will enjoy drawing dogs for the benefit of those that need adopting. The first two that I drew in anticipation of securing this position are a Border Collie with an intense stare and a German Shepard dressed in military BDU's. Now, mind you, this was at the request of the potential client and not my choice.
But now here is the difficult part. I am losing interest in the children's book. The story I am illustrating is a typical black hat vs white hat and I am sure that there is a market out there somewhere for this book. The trouble I see is that the book is very very old fashioned. But hay, who am I to rain on another authors parade? So I am going to finish the illustrations and hope that the author is happy with them.
There is another good thing on my horizon and will predicate me getting back to writing real soon. I have recieved interest from a publisher for my romance novel. Woo Hoo! I have to send them what I have and hope they like it enough to ask for the rest... reluctant author no more! My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment