The Beautiful Woman Has Come

The Beautiful Woman Has Come
A Historical Novel by Debra Giuffrida

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Willows Have Buds

I live in the desert. Well, technically it is the desert but if you look out my front window you will see palm trees, green grass, fountains shooting water into the air and rosemary bushes lining the pathways. I live in Las Vegas where fantasy is king and we spend all our water on keeping the nasty dry desert at bay.
So yesterday as I walked my collie around a closed golf course I passed a naked willow tree. I paused and looked closer. Yep, little green buds of what will be graceful long willow leaves! Yippee! Spring is just around the corner and it is only the middle of February. This made me feel really good. I love spring. It is my favorite time of year. Still cool in the morning and evening yet the sun heats up just enough during the day to wake up all the living and growing things, like willow trees!
Now I have to wake up my writing. I did write a few small pieces, just as exercises, nothing on my novels. Which is what I am going to focus on today. My romance is in need of more action so I am going to add a sword fight scene between my hero and a baddie yet to be identified.
Writing a fight scene will be new for me so I have asked for help. A wonderful person on my Panhistoria writing site has given me marvelous pointers on how to accomplish this daunting feat. She has provided me with cause and effect, telling me what to look for and how to discribe it with believability. So armed with her information I am going to sit down and write.
Along with writing scenes for my novel I am also trying to keep up correspondence with my extended friends and family. This is another daunting task as I now have quite a few and most of them are Facebook members so I can't hide from them. They know I am on Facebook because they see all of the silly games I play to pass the time when I can't think of what to write.
So if you have a chance to get outside today, look for the willow buds.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Facebook had games until last night. They sent a message to my email and I looked up an old friend. She's definitely into all those games- vampire blood and crystals galore!

    ReplyDelete