The Beautiful Woman Has Come

The Beautiful Woman Has Come
A Historical Novel by Debra Giuffrida

Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1st...So What Now?



Today is the first day of February. Look at your calendar, your cell phone, even your computer screen...it's right there for all to see. One whole month into the new year...one whole month of avoiding my resolutions. What about you? I try to keep my resolution list as short as possible and this year my list is two resolutions long. Just two....

Oh goody, my current just walked out the door so I can finally turn off the TV. Wow, the quiet is deafening. Now I can work on the other project I have on my plate. The secret project.

Last month, on a horse rescue Facebook page, a black Arabian gelding was posted who was available for adoption. His pictures showed him before rescue and after rescue. My heart was touched by this poor boy. Currently I have a horse, but he is 26 years old and suffering from Cushings disease which is debilitating. I can only arrest his condition and make him comfortable, not reverse it. So, with a heavy heart, I retired my boy and am allowing him to just be a horse for the remainder of his life. Currently he is fat, happy and pain free.



But...and this is the worst but of all...when his feet become too laminatic (I don't know if that is a word...laminitis is a by product of Cushings and is the condition where his feet become so bad that the hoof wall separates from the rest of the foot...VERY painful, crippling!) I will then have to make the difficult decision to put him down.

I know that I will be a complete basket case when that time comes. He has been a part of my life for the past 17 years. The only way that I know of to soothe the pain of his loss (somewhat) would be to have another horse to love and ride. So, the search started and low and behold I saw the picture of JT Dark Knight.



I have been in contact with the rescue group in Eugene Oregon and the wonderful woman who runs the facility. We have been communicating through email only for the past month. Just this morning she asked if I had found any transportation companies that would could ship JT. Wow...my stomach muscles are all bunched up and my heart is racing and my palms are sweating. This is really happening! OMG!

I now have another project to use to avoid writing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow--how great that you can provide him with a loving and happy home! [g]

    ReplyDelete