The Beautiful Woman Has Come

The Beautiful Woman Has Come
A Historical Novel by Debra Giuffrida

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Peas Porridge Hot, Peas PorridgeCold...

...Peas porridge in the pot, nine days old!

Las Vegas is deep into monsoon season and the sky is thick with gray clouds. If it weren't for the heat it would remind me of Portland, if there were more trees and grass. (That reminds me of a small haha that my ex used to say. "If we had some ham we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs!")
Guy is playing with the cat in the bedroom and the TV is tuned to some stupid movie staring Charlie Sheen. *sigh* No wonder I am a reluctant author... my brain is full of mush!
I did get a bit of writing done this morning. I am proud to admit that my Nefertiti novel is now about 14 pages long! At least I think it's 14 pages. I haven't printed it out yet. I guess I should, I just don't want to waste the paper yet. I've decided, I won't print it out until I have reached 100 pages. That gives me something to work towards and announce here when it happens.
I'm putting off jumping into the shower. Once I shower and dress I feel obligated to leave and run my errands. So it's time to motivate my mushy brains and go wash last nights sleep from my eyes. My horse is waiting for his bath and I have laundry to do and I'm out of half n half for my morning coffee. But its Saturday and all I want to do is surf the net and read and nap.
Procrastination runs genetically in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment